financial transparency portal
The Gahanna-Jefferson Public School district is committed to honest budgeting, responsible spending, and financial transparency. In this spirit, the district has partnered with OpenGov to provide its citizens and stakeholders with the Financial Transparency Portal. The portal is designed to bring visibility, openness, and accountability to our operations.
Through the Gahanna-Jefferson Public School’s Financial Transparency Portal, users can view financial data based on the current budget or up to the current month. Information is included for FY 2013, FY 2014, FY 2015 and FY 2016 budget and year-to-date information.
But sometimes, there's nothing quite like being able to manipulate the data by yourself by viewing charts and graphs or downloading the information into an excel spreadsheet. The Gahanna-Jefferson Public Schools has engaged OpenGov.com to assist with providing the public with just that opportunity. Through the Financial Data Transparency Portal users can view financial data based on the current budget or up to the current month. The users can manipulate the data and drill down to finite details or scale up to the big picture. Users can also download the data as an excel spreadsheet to take home.
Clicking the above graphic will open a new window and take you to the OpenGov website.
Tips to use the portal
- The portal allows you to explore budget and historical finances in a simple graphical user interface. The main view (shown above) includes a graph, a legend and various controls to view expenses by categories.
- You'll notice the title of the graph you are viewing on top along with the account type selector. You can use the filter to see the data that is of most interest to you.
- To focus on specific data - like a fund, expense type, or any combination - look to the left and use the menu on the side panel. These selectors allow you to specify exactly what breakdown you want the graph or table to represent. When you select "Filtered By" the data filter pops up and allows you to turn on or turn off selected filters for that category - funds, operational unit (departments), expense type.
- Keep in mind that some departments or expenses only receive funds from specific funds - if the department or expense is not funded from a particular fund, it will be grayed out.
- There are five different types of visual representations of the data - an area graph, an area graph by percentage, a line graph, a pie graph and a table. You can change your view by type at any point by simply selecting the different type of representation. The data will automatically convert. These functions are on the top right.
- You can also download the data into a .csv spreadsheet and .png image. You can share the data on a social network or by email.
Frequently Asked Questions