Welcome to the start of the 2012-2013 school year
a very exciting time for not only educators, but also for students and
parents, as well. The Gahanna-Jefferson Board of Education and the
entire staff are busy preparing for your arrival, which for most of you will be Wed., Aug. 22, 2012.
Meanwhile, we've created this one-stop Gahanna-Jefferson
Back-to-School online resource page to assist you in planning for the
New to GJPS this year?
Page scroll downward and jump to New Student Registration Resources
to become a Gahanna-Jefferson Lion!
2012-13 School Year Registration (returning students)
With great anticipation we are looking forward to, as well as preparing for, the upcoming school year and your arrival. Please review and complete the forms within your school's online 2012-2013 Back-to-School packet link below that are applicable to your child and their extracurricular activities.
GJPS bus schedules for the 2012-13 school year will be available the week of Aug. 13 on the GJPS Transportation homepage
Many of our elementary schools will host back-to-school events such as a parents' night
or an open house
for you to submit your paperwork. Our three middle schools as well as Lincoln High School and the Gahanna Community School have scheduled individual Student Check-in/Registration Day events. Additional details are available within the links below and/or arriving via U.S. Mail. If you have additional questions or concerns, all school administrative
offices will resume a traditional schedule Mon., Aug. 6, 2012
meanwhile, contact the GJPS Office of Pupil Services
, at: (614) 471-7065.
How to enroll - students new to Gahanna-Jefferson
Items Required for New-Student Registration
| Click here to download a new student enrollment checklist
A Birth Certificate
A copy of the birth certificate must be presented at the time of enrollment. Certificates of Baptism, hospital records, and/or a current passport will be accepted to enroll until a birth certificate can be supplied. You may enroll your child for school without a birth certificate if you are able to provide all other required enrollment documentation. This will provide you with ten (10) days in which to provide the required birth certificate or equivalent (with an official seal).
Immunization & Health Records
(O.R.C. 3313.671 & 3701.13)
Immunizations must be complete in accordance with state law and a record of such immunization, indicating the month, day and year of each inoculation must also be presented at the time of enrollment or, within 14 days of beginning school. After this time, students may be excluded from school until written proof of adequate vaccination is received.
Verification of Residence
- The following immunizations are required by law: Mumps, Poliomyelitis, Diphtheria, Pertussis, Tetanus, Hepatitis B, Rubella (measles), and Varicella; (chickenpox).
- Documentation of Tuberculosis (TB) testing is required for any child that has lived in, or visited any country outside of the U.S. for more than 90 days. For more information, click here to visit the GJPS Health Services homepage.
Currently enrolled GJPS families that have moved during the summer months are asked to bring documentation verifying the new
address to their individual school office.
One from this list:
...and another from this list:
- Purchase contract agreement/settlement statement to buy/lease property (within 90 days of closing), real estate tax duplicates; or
- Rental/lease agreement or mortgage statement with custodial parent’s or legal guardian's name listed.
- A recent public utility bill (i.e, gas or electric); or
- A recent government mailing (i.e, child support, government assistance, tax mailing)
Families building or buying a new home within the District are asked to
contact all the GJPS Office of Pupil Services at 614-471-7065 to make an
appointment to complete an Application for Temporary Residence Waiver.
Please bring a copy of the builder's contract showing the future owner's name, address and
expected occupancy date to your scheduled appointment. Those who do not have proof of residency should call the Building Principal to make an appointment to to present a photo ID and to complete a notarized 2012-13 GJPS Oath of Residency Requirement Form.
Proof of Guardianship / Custody Papers
Court-signed documents must have a visible date/time stamp - and if applicable, please provide the appropriate divorce/custodial documentation, including, but not limited to a:
- Final Divorce Decree (which may include Shared Parenting Plan) naming specific parent as the residential parent for school placement
- Grandparent Power-of-Attorney | Military Power-of-Attorney
- Temporary Custody Order naming a specific guardian
If, at the time of enrollment, a non-biological parent or non-custodial
parent/guardian is without the completed court documentation, they must call the
GJPS Office of Pupil Services Office at 614-471-7065 to make an
appointment to submit the appropriate custody form(s).
Additional Helpful Documentation
- An academic grade card from the previous school
- You child's 2012-13 GJPS Instructional Fees - Cash or a check made to Gahanna-Jefferson Schools
- The current Individual Education Plan (IEP) / Multi-Factored Evaluation (MFE) (if applicable) | Click here to visit the GJPS Special Education homepage