2015 GJPS summer school program
Summer enrichment opportunities, pre-k - 12th grade
Each year the Gahanna-Jefferson Public School district offers a wide variety of summer courses for students—pre-kindergarten through high school—as part of the 'Journey To Learning' program. There are programs for intervention/remediation, enrichment, high school credit and make-up classes.
Transportation is provided for GJPS K-8 students only. Additionally, the federal food service program is not available during the summer months; however, many community-based organizations may provide similar services.
Summer school registration begins Mon., April 13. Formal brochures will soon be available at all school locations, as well as on the web site.
Elementary (pre-k through 4th grade)
- June 8 - July 2, classes held at Chapelfield Elementary
Middle (5th - 8th grade)
- June 8 - July 2, classes held at Middle School West
High (9th - 12th grade)
New credit classes, held at Lincoln High School
- Physical Education: June 1 - 18
- Health: June 1 - 19
- Information Technology: June 1 - 19 and June 22 - July 10
- Speech: June 29 - July 13
, held at Lincoln High School
High school make-up classes, held at Lincoln High School
Pre-K, kindergarten enhancement and classes for reading and math improvement for grades 1-4 will be at Chapelfield Elementary. Language arts and math improvement classes for grades 5-8 will be at Middle School West.
For high school students, the following new credit classes are offered: physical education, information technology, health, and speech. Make-up credit classes are also offered for English, math, social studies, science and OGT.
- Summary of all elementary and middle school class offerings.
- Elementary and middle school enrichment-only class offerings and registration form.
- Elementary school class offerings and registration form.
- Middle school class offerings and registration form.
- High school class offerings and registration form.
The deadline to enroll for most classes is Wed., June 3.
*If paying with a credit card, complete the registration form and submit the form using either the mail or drop off options mentioned on the registration form. Allow three (3) days after submitting the registration form (to allow for registration in the class to be entered by the district office.) After three days, go to Home Access Center to access your account and make the payment. This option is only available to GJPS students.
Contact Debbie Arnold, secretary, Pupil Services, at (614) 471-7065, or via e-mail.