District shares fiscal beliefs and financial principles
- District News, Press Releases, Lincoln High School News, Blacklick Elementary News, Chapelfield Elementary, Goshen Lane Elementary News, High Point Elementary News, Jefferson Elementary News, Lincoln Elementary News, Royal Manor Elementary News, Middle School South News, Middle School East News, Middle School West News, Staff Bulletin Board
The Board of Education finance committee, in cooperation with our superintendent and treasurer, have worked to develop a set of fiscal beliefs and financial principles with which to guide our thinking as a school district.
We believe it is prudent to have a cash reserve that is no less than 60 true days' cash. This is a long-term goal that will take time, deliberative discussion and a great deal of planning, which will be accomplished by focusing on the following fiscal principles:
1. Every dollar spent must add value to teaching and learning and there are management options attached to all expenditures.
2. All fiscal decisions will be made in the context of the five-year forecast.
3. We will focus on managing expenses and diligently avoid deficit spending.
4. Long range strategic planning for curriculum, technology and capital improvements must be continuously updated and followed.