Athletic news and announcements
- Dec. 13, 2016 - All games are on as scheduled.
- Please review the Athletic Code of Conduct handbook (revised Aug. 2013.)
- Before participation begins in any sport, all participation forms must be completed by the parent, student-athlete and medical examiner, and returned. We are working with an online company, Final Forms, to process paperwork now.
- Driving directions to other schools and fields are available to print.
fall sports begin Aug. 1
winter sports begin oct. 28
(Wresting begins Nov. 4)
(Softball begins Feb. 20, tennis and track and field begin March 6)
- Middle School East
- 7th, Coach Goody | 8th, Coach Gilmore
*MSE game schedule: 7th grade | 8th grade
- Middle School South
- 7th, Coach Linker
*MSS game schedule: 7th grade
- Middle School West
- 7th, TBA | 8th, Coach Troutman
*MSW game schedule: 7th grade | 8th grade
track and field:
Before participation begins in any sport, all participation forms
must be completed by the parent, student-athlete and medical examiner, and returned.
More about our programs
Gahanna-Jefferson is a member of the Ohio Capital Conference
(OCC), one of the largest high school conferences in the country. The OCC was established in 1966 with five member schools joining the league. After 48 years of existence, the OCC currently has 32 member schools that compete in four divisions and sponsor 25 interscholastic sports.
Interscholastic Team Sports (girls and boys at the seventh- and eighth-grade level)
After-school interscholastic athletics provide an excellent forum for rigorous competition, while helping students develop a sense of loyalty, sportsmanship and teamwork. Interscholastic competitions provide an excellent compliment to the values outlined within the Gahanna-Jefferson Graduate Profile.
Intramural program (during the school day, traditionally during the lunch period)
The term “intramural” simply means “within the walls.” Such involvement is always under supervision and guidance of the intramural director and are age-appropriate. Students may participate in a variety of activities including kickball, soccer, volleyball, basketball, and other sports. Our intramural program is all-inclusive and open to every student. In addition to further developing a sense of community within the school, the program provides students an opportunity to practice and internalize the skills, attitudes, and knowledge acquired in their physical education class.